Market Program Manager
Everyone’s Harvest (EH) brings people and healthy food together! The nonprofit’s mission is to provide access to healthy, affordable fruits and vegetables through certified farmers’ markets and community food programs. Our vision is for every community to have a fair and sustainable food system. Employees will be given insight into nonprofits and a deeper understanding of our food system.
The Market Manager (MPM) will oversee market administration and promotion, address participant and customer feedback, collect and track market data, and supervise market volunteers at Everyone’s Harvest farmers’ markets.
The MPM will also be responsible for the coordination and administration of the Fresh Rx Program at Everyone’s Harvest, an innovative community food program that is a partnership between healthcare providers and farmers’ markets focused on preventive health care to fight the rise of chronic diseases related to diet and body weight.
We value EH staff and strive to support each staff members’ professional development while working with EH. Below are the details for the specific position:
Hours: 40 hours/week May to Oct.; 32 hours/week Nov. to April
Reports to: Executive Director
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to drive a 17-foot box truck
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Outgoing, positive, and professional customer-service skills
- Responsible and detail-oriented
- Proficient in basic math
- Proficiency in the use of computers for: word processing, simple accounting,
databases, spreadsheets, e-mail, and the internet.
- Confident working in an underserved, diverse community
- Team Player and able to remain calm in stressful situations
- Knowledge of and passion for farmers’ markets, sustainable food systems, food justice, and the assets and needs of the communities served by EH
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- 1-year experience in program management
- Education – university degree in a related subject and knowledge of program management.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com