Certified Farmers’ Markets: Everyone’s Harvest’s mission is to provide access to healthy, affordable fruits and vegetables through certified farmer’s markets and community food programs. Everyone’s Harvest runs two certified farmer’s markets year-round and three seasonal certified farmer’s markets. Our farmer’s markets are considered certified because the farmers who participate grow the produce they sell.
All volunteer positions at the farmer’s markets require assisting the Market and Assistant Market Manager. Through setup, teardown, providing local information to customers, perform Electronic Benefit Transactions (EBT) transactions, and leading children activities at the Kids Table/Reduce, Reuse, Recycle booth. Volunteers are expected to be kind, patient and flexible because volunteers will be interacting with a diverse array of people. By working with a diverse array of people, we will work towards strengthening our local community.
- Pacific Grove (PG) Certified Farmers’ Market: Mondays 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Winter Hours 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm at Central and Grand Ave, in front of the PG library and Jewell Park in Pacific Grove.
- Marina Certified Farmers’ Market: Sundays from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at the Marina Village Shopping Center in front of Grocery Outlet, 215 Reservation Rd in Marina.
- Alisal Certified Farmers’ Market: (June – end of September) Tuesdays 11:00 am – 4:00 pm at 632 East Alisal Street in East Salinas.
- Natividad Medical Center (NMC) Certified Farmers’ Market: (mid-May to end of October) Wednesdays from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm at the Natividad Medical Center, 1441 Constitution Blvd in Salinas.
- Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare (SVMH) Certified Farmers’ Market: (mid-May to the end of October) Fridays from 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm at the Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System, 450 East Romie Lane in Salinas.
Available Volunteer Days/Times:
- Marina Farmer’s Market:
- 8:30 am – 10:30 am
- 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Pacific Grove Certified Farmer’s Market:
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Alisal Certified Farmer’s Market:
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Natividad Medical Center (NMC) Certified Farmer’s Market:
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am
- 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
- 1:30 pm – 3:30pm
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Salinas Valley Memorial Health System (SVMHS) Certified Farmer’s Market:
- 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
- 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Certified Farmer’s Market Volunteer Opportunities:
- Information Booth: This position requires someone who is friendly, diligent, and willing to interact with all of the customers at the market, as well as answering general questions from the public. The volunteer will be expected to conduct Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) transactions. It is highly encouraged that you also work to improve the booth’s educational material provided. You will assist the Market Manager with conducting customer counts, market surveys, and collecting produce for the weekly drawing. An ideal candidate for this position is someone who is familiar with community events and excited about working with members of the community.
- Kid’s Activities Table/Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Table: This position requires someone friendly and flexible! We need a volunteer who is willing to not only interact, engage, and interest the children at our markets. An ideal candidate for this position is patient, enthusiastic, interested in making and teaching crafts, and preferably has some prior experience working with children. It is a great opportunity for anyone pursuing a career in childcare development.