Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Everyone’s Harvest! Volunteers do more than just help the nonprofit function – they gain an understanding about nonprofit work and the local food movement. To find the ideal place within our organization please review the information and follow the guidelines below. Everyone’s Harvest is looking for motivated volunteers who are interested in learning about food justice, sharing and gaining skills, and furthering our mission to provide access to healthy, affordable fruits and vegetables through certified farmers’ markets and community food programs.
We currently work with an array of volunteers including high school and college students, CalServes and community members. Check out our General Volunteer Information and the Volunteer Rules and Guidelines!
Volunteer Positions: Everyone’s Harvest provides many long and short term volunteer opportunities. Volunteer positions are available at our farmers’ markets, gardens, and in the office. Below is a short description of the volunteer opportunities. Choose a position that fits your interest or skills and is conducive to your schedule.
Are you an outgoing, friendly, food loving individual?! Check out our Market Opportunities!
Do you have a passion for the environment and gardening? Check out our Garden Opportunities!
Love food but looking for clerical experience?! Check out our Office Opportunities!
Do you want to make an exceptional effort to help Everyone’s Harvest? Check out our Special Projects!
Steps to start volunteering with Everyone’s Harvest:
- Read all of the information in regarding our General Volunteer Information. Consider what volunteer position you are interested in and make sure the days and hours for the position work with your schedule. Please contact us if you have any other questions. If you plan to volunteer more than 8 hours, complete and submit a Volunteer Application to Everyone’s Harvest (applications can be found near the bottom of this page or at Everyone’s Harvest Farmers’ Markets at the Information Booth). Download and save your application, then send it to the Volunteer Coordinator via email or drop it off at the Information Booth at one of our Farmers ‘Markets.
- Once you submit a Volunteer Application, Everyone’s Harvest Volunteer Coordinator (contact info. above) will contact you about the next volunteer orientation.
- Attend a volunteer orientation, if you plan to volunteer more than 15 hours, you are required to attend a 2 hour volunteer orientation. *When you come to the orientation please bring your calendar. We will schedule your volunteer hours/days and check-in meetings at that time. Please also download, look over, and read the Volunteer Rules and Guidelines to bring to your orientation. You will learn about Everyone’s Harvest, food justice issues, sign up for a volunteer position, and go over and complete Everyone’s Harvest volunteer paperwork.
- Start volunteering! Remember to sign in and out of Everyone’s Harvest Volunteer Log and any other log required by an outside entity.
- After volunteering 10 to 20 hours, attend a pre-arranged check-in meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator to reflect on how your volunteerism is going and learn more about food justice issues.
Volunteer of the Month
Each month, Everyone’s Harvest selects and highlights one of our hard-working, committed volunteers. Our volunteers are a tremendous help to our organization!